pLC25-33/WL8      Source of Strain:
pLC25-33 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: araC14
, fumB Plasmid Comment:
USE CGSC No. 6595 Hybridizes with Kohara clones 644-647. Chromosomal Markers: recA56
, melA7Strain Comments:
- Genes identified on plasmid pLC25-33: melA, melB, fumB
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- srlD300::Tn10-- : The insertion was determined by sequencing to be within srlD (F.W.Pons, pers.commun., Oct.2000)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- srlD300::Tn10 was formerly called srlC300::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Clarke, L, J Carbon 1976. A colony bank containing synthetic Col El hybrid plasmids representative of the entire E. coli genome. Cell 9(1):91-9.
- Tsuchiya, T, K Ottina, Y Moriyama, MJ Newman, TH Wilson 1982. Solubilization and reconstitution of the melibiose carrier from a plasmid-carrying strain of Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem. 257(9):5125-8.
- Guest, J.R., J.S. Miles, R.E. Roberts, S.A. Woods 1985. The fumarase genes of Escherichia coli: location of the fumB gene and discovery of a new gene (fumC). J.Gen.Microbiol. 131:2971-2984