RC30      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: ΔlacZ58
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- ΔlacZ58(M15)-- is a deletion of a small part (the alpha region) of the lacZ gene; allows `alpha complementation'.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- ΔlacZ58(M15) was formerly called lacZ(M15)
- ΔlacZ58(M15) was formerly called deletion M15
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- M15 = alpha-complemented allele
- BECKWITH, JR 1964. A DELETION ANALYSIS OF THE LAC OPERATOR REGION IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Mol. Biol. 8:427-30.