XA21      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: ΔlacZ58
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacI22 is the Jacob allele laci3.
- ΔlacZ58(M15)-- is a deletion of a small part (the alpha region) of the lacZ gene; allows `alpha complementation'.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- ΔlacZ58(M15) was formerly called lacZ(M15)
- ΔlacZ58(M15) was formerly called deletion M15
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- M15 = alpha-complemented allele
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- BRIL-PETERSEN, E, HG WESTENBRINIK 1963. A STRUCTURAL BASIC PROTEIN AS A COUNTERPART OF DEOXYRIBONUCLEIC ACID IN MAMMALIAN SPERMATOZOA. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 76:152-4.
- BECKWITH, JR 1964. A DELETION ANALYSIS OF THE LAC OPERATOR REGION IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Mol. Biol. 8:427-30.
- Brenner, S., J.R. Beckwith 1965. Ochre mutants, a new class of suppressible nonsense mutants. J.Mol.Biol. 13:629-637