CLB7      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is Thr+. Either it does not carry thr-1 or the marker is very leaky in this background.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- rna-19-- : Also References \\ Weatherford et al. 1972 J.Biol.Chem.247:540 \\ Studier 1975 J.Bacteriol.124:307 \\ Apirion and Watson 1975 J.Bacteriol.124:317
- rna-19-- : Additional references to strain A19 and its derivatives: \\ Gesteland 1966 J.Mol.Biol.16:67 \\ Reiner 1969 J.Bacteriol. 97:1431,1437,1522
- galU536-- : This strain was reported to be Gal-, apparently due to a spontaneous galU mutation.
- rna-19 was formerly called rns-19
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Bassett, CL, JR Rawson 1983. In vitro coupled transcription-translation of linear DNA fragments in a lysate derived from a recB rna pnp strain of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 156(3):1359-62.