JE22606      Source of Strain:
National Institute of GeneticsOther Designations:
pLC26-6 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: serR-??
, arl Plasmid Comment:
Hybridizes with Kohara clones 109 - 111. Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Genes identified on plasmid: leuA, ftsI. Later feedbac said it did not have leuA.
- Host strain: JA200
- Plasmid: pLC26-6
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ΔtrpE63 was formerly called DE(trpE5)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Clarke, L, J Carbon 1976. A colony bank containing synthetic Col El hybrid plasmids representative of the entire E. coli genome. Cell 9(1):91-9.
- Nishimura, Y., Y. Takeda, A. Nishimura, H. Suzuki, M. Inouye, Y. Hirota 1977. Synthetic ColE1 plasmids carrying genes for cell division in Escherichia coli. Plasmid 1:67-77
- Clarke, L., J. Carbon 1979. Selection of specific clones from colony banks by suppression or complementation tests. Methods Enzymol. 68:396-408
- Takeda, Y., A. Nishimura, Y. Nishimura, M. Yamada, S. Yasuda, H. Suzuki, Y. Hirota 1981. Synthetic ColE1 plasmids carrying genes for penicillin-binding protein in Escherichia coli. Plasmid 6:86-98
- Neidhardt, F.C., V. Vaughn, T.A. Phillips, P.L. Bloch 1983. Gene-protein index of Escherichia coli K-12. Microbiol.Rev. 47:231-284