A218      Source of Strain:
Russel & ModelSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- trxA1(Am)-- Gln98 to Amber codon. Growth of WT phage f1 in this strain is TS on all suppressors, whereas T7 grows at 42C.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- zif-2223::Tn5 was formerly called zie::Tn5
- = tetracycline resistant
- = kanamycin resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Russel, M., P. Model 1985. Thioredoxin is required for filamentous phage assembly. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 82:29-33