A50      Source of Strain:
Russel & ModelSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Reference for zid-5 insertion in strain A34.
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = kanamycin resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Russel, M., P. Model 1983. A bacterial gene, fip, required for filamentous bacteriophage F1 assembly. J.Bacteriol. 154:1064-1076