1113B      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
21 Map Position:
97.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: rna-19
, ts461Strain Comments:
- rna-19-- : Also References \\ Weatherford et al. 1972 J.Biol.Chem.247:540 \\ Studier 1975 J.Bacteriol.124:307 \\ Apirion and Watson 1975 J.Bacteriol.124:317
- rna-19-- : Additional references to strain A19 and its derivatives: \\ Gesteland 1966 J.Mol.Biol.16:67 \\ Reiner 1969 J.Bacteriol. 97:1431,1437,1522
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ts461-- is an uncharacterized and unmapped temperature-sensitive mutation
- ts452-- is an uncharacterized and unmapped temperature-sensitive mutation.
- rna-19 was formerly called rns-19
- rnb-464 was formerly called rne-464
- tyrA6 was formerly called tyr-451
- Castles, JJ, MF Singer 1968. Some properties of the polynucleotide phosphorylase and ribonuclease II of Escherichia coli 1113B. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 32(4):715-22.
- Weatherford, SC, L Rosen, L Gorelic, D Apirion 1972. Escherichia coli strains with thermolabile ribonuclease II activity. J. Biol. Chem. 247(17):5404-8.