DF263      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- The pgk allele was called pgk-1 in the paper below.
- pgk-2-- : Glucose will select for revertants of pgk-2. (Mutations in the eno, gap, and pgk genes all revert and must be monitored closely.)
- pgk-2-- Does not allow growth on glycerol alone or oxidative substrate alone; cannot grow on sugars; glucose inhibits growth on other substrates. Can grow on glycerol plus oxidative substrate (malate)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- pgk-2 was formerly called pgk-1
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Thomson, J, PD Gerstenberger, DE Goldberg, E Gociar, A Orozco de Silva, DG Fraenkel 1979. ColE1 hybrid plasmids for Escherichia coli genes of glycolysis and the hexose monophosphate shunt. J. Bacteriol. 137(1):502-6.