CSR06      Source of Strain:
Sancar & RupertSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sancar, A., C.S. Rupert 1978. Correction of the map location for the phr gene in Escherichia coli K12 Mutat. Res. 51(1):139-143.
- Sancar, A, CS Rupert 1978. Determination of plasmid molecular weights from ultraviolet sensitivities. Nature 272(5652):471-2.