WG350      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ1125
, Δ(proP-melB)212Strain Comments:
- lacZ1125-- is a nonsense mutation in interval 6 of the lacZ gene. It may be the NG125 amber mutation of Newton et al, 1965 or one of the other interv, 6 nonsense mutations of Zipser et al.1970.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- ΔproU-600-- Registered under E.Bremer as proU600. Is this the same as the J.W.Wood deletion DE(proU)600?
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ΔproU-600 was formerly called DE(proV-X)601
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Culham, D.E., B. Lasby, A.G. Marangoni, J.L. Milner, B.A. Steer, R.W. van Nues, J.M. Wood 1993. Isolation and sequencing of Escherichia coli gene proP reveals unusual structural features of the osmoregulatory proline/betaine transporter, ProP. J.Mol.Bi