JC8471      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrD252Strain Comments:
- uvrD252 was formerly called recL152.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- uvrD252-- confers UV sensitivity but retains near-normal levels of spontaneous mutagenesis
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Horii, Z.-I., A.J. Clark 1973. Genetic analysis of the RecF pathway to genetic recombination in Escherichia coli K12: isolation and characterization of mutants. J.Mol.Biol. 80:327-344