JM1099      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- manXYZ-18-- : The ptsM locus is now manX,Y, or Z.
- thyA111-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- manXYZ-18 was formerly called ptsM8
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Henderson, PJ, RA Giddens, MC Jones-Mortimer 1977. Transport of galactose, glucose and their molecular analogues by Escherichia coli K12. Biochem. J. 162(2):309-20.