FTP5569      Source of Strain:
F596-3 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: colI+
Plasmid Comment: This episome contains genes for colicins V, B, and the tonB to cysB region of the chromosome that includes the entire trp operon as well as the suppressible trpA mutation.
Chromosomal Markers: λ-, Δ(tonB-trp), IN(rrnD-rrnE)1, rph-1, glyV55
- The episome is a derivative of the Fredericq F-prime and contains genes for colicins V and B and the tonB-cysB region of the chromosome that includes the trp operon, with a suppressible trpA mutation.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- glyV55-- reads GGA/G
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- UAA15 = basepr.mut.at AAA codon 15
- Arkov, A.L., A. Mankin, E.J. Murgola 1998. An rRNA fragment and its antisense can alter decoding of genetic information. J.Bacteriol. 180:2744-2748
- Chernyaeva, N.S., E.J. Murgola, A.S. Mankin 1999. Suppression of nonsense mutations induced by expression of an RNA complementary to a conserved segment of 23S rRNA. J.Bacteriol. 181:5257-5262