FTP5587      Source of Strain:
F596-10 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: trpA9607
(Oc,UAA15), colI+, colV+, colB+
Plasmid Comment: This episome contains genes from Col plasmids for colicins V and B and the tonB-cysB region of the chromosome, which includes the trp operon as well as the suppressible trpA mutation.
Chromosomal Markers: λ-, Δ(tonB-trp), IN(rrnD-rrnE)1, rph-1, glyV55
- The episome is a derivative of the Fredericq F-prime and contains genes for colicins V and B and the tonB-cysB region of the chromosome that includes the trp operon, with a suppressible trpA mutation.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- glyV55-- reads GGA/G
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- UAA15 = basepr.mut.at AAA codon 15
- Arkov, A.L., A. Mankin, E.J. Murgola 1998. An rRNA fragment and its antisense can alter decoding of genetic information. J.Bacteriol. 180:2744-2748
- Chernyaeva, N.S., E.J. Murgola, A.S. Mankin 1999. Suppression of nonsense mutations induced by expression of an RNA complementary to a conserved segment of 23S rRNA. J.Bacteriol. 181:5257-5262