WTZ1011      Source of Strain:
J.E. WertzOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
(strR), rph-1Strain Comments:
- Derived from W3110NalR of Mock and Schwartz, as obtained from T.Pugsley as BZB1011.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Mock, M, M Schwartz 1978. Mechanism of colicin E3 production in strains harboring wild-type or mutant plasmids. J. Bacteriol. 136(2):700-7.