BSV18      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnV44
, hsdR29Strain Comments:
- This strain is thought to carry mutations which render it permeable to riboflavin.
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- = kanamycin resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Bandrin, SV, PM Rabinovich, AI Stepanov 1983. [3 linkage groups of the genes of riboflavin biosynthesis in Escherichia coli]. Genetika 19(9):1419-25.