R477-100      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- Δ(galK-attLAM)99-- : Some of λ may remain.
- pgsA10-- Ref. below shows mutation substitutes a T for the C in an ACA (Thr) codon of pgsA10, substituting Ile in hydrophob.reg. Lowers in vitro PGP synthase act. but not acidic-phospholipid synthesis in vivo.
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Nishijima, M, CR Raetz 1979. Membrane lipid biogenesis in Escherichia coli: identification of genetic loci for phosphatidylglycerophosphate synthetase and construction of mutants lacking phosphatidylglycerol. J. Biol. Chem. 254(16):7837-44.