DC305      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
, mtlA2Strain Comments:
- zcc-282:Tn10 cotransduces 4% with pyrD, 9% with fabA and 40% with putA.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- zcc-282::Tn10-- cotransduces 4-13% with pyrD, 9% with fabA and 40% with putA. PCR analysis (Nichols et al. 1998) places the insertion within orf yccE, at nucleotide 1,064,111 (22.937 min.)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = tetracycline resistant
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.