AT1360      Source of Strain:
A.L. TaylorOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Taylor, A.L., M.S. Thoman 1964. The genetic map of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 50:659-663
- Pittard, J, BJ Wallace 1966. Distribution and function of genes concerned with aromatic biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 91(4):1494-508.
- Pittard, J, BJ Wallace 1966. Gene controlling the uptake of shikimic acid by Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 92(4):1070-5.
- Wallace, BJ, J Pittard 1967. Genetic and biochemical analysis of the isoenzymes concerned in the first reaction of aromatic biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 93(1):237-44.