AT1371      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: panC4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854
- Cronan, JE 1980. Beta-alanine synthesis in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 141(3):1291-7.