L8      Source of Strain:
D.F. SilbertOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- accB22(ts) was formerly called fabE22
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Harder, M.E., I.R. Beacham, J.E. Cronan, K. Beacham, J.L. Honegger, D.F. Silbert 1972. Temperature-sensitive mutants of Escherichia coli requiring saturated and unsaturated fatty acids for growth: isolation and properties. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 69:310
- Silbert, D.F., T. Pohlman, A.B. Chapman 1976. Partial characterization of a temperature-sensitive mutation affecting acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 126:1351-1354