JM1101      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- thyA11-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- fbaA2(ts) was formerly called fda-2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Henderson, PJ, RA Giddens, MC Jones-Mortimer 1977. Transport of galactose, glucose and their molecular analogues by Escherichia coli K12. Biochem. J. 162(2):309-20.