CS410      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, xyl-7 or xylA5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain could carry the mutation malA38, which confers LAMR, and a suppressor, sup-78, conferrring a Mal+, LAM+ phenotype.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- cysJ43-- - the cys allele was formerly thought to be in cysC.
- thyA54-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Stable = stable, non-reverting
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Somerville, C.R., A. Ahmed 1979. Mutants of Escherichia coli defective in the degradation of guanosine 5'-triphosphate, 3'-diphosphate (pppGpp). Mol.Gen.Genet. 169:315-323