CS425      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain may carry a malA mutation ( malA38) and a suppressor near his ( sup-78) which confers a Mal+ phenotype.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- cysJ43-- - the cys allele was formerly thought to be in cysC.
- thyA54-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Stable = stable, non-reverting
- strR = streptomycin resist.