RK4536      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, metH156Strain Comments:
- Ref. to metH156 below. This strain is sensitive to 40ug/ml nalidixic acid.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Kadner, R.J., Liggins 1973. Transport of vitamin B12 in Escherichia coli: genetic studies. J.Bacteriol. 115:514-521