Lin 8      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- glpD3-- Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- glpD3-- GlpD loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g.,succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Hayashi, H., J.P. Koch, E.C.C. Lin 1964. Active transport of L-a-glycerophosphate in Escherichia coli. J.Biol.Chem. 239:3098-3105
- HAYASHI, S, EC LIN 1965. CAPTURE OF GLYCEROL BY CELLS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 94:479-87.