HD173      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-33
, argH212Strain Comments:
- Note to ref: (describes closely related strains.)
- thyA707-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Imai, M, K Shigesada 1978. Studies on the altered rho factor in a nitA mutants of Escherichia coli defective in transcription termination. I. Characterization and quantitative determination of rho in cell extracts. J. Mol. Biol. 120(4):451-66.