KH54      Source of Strain:
Horiuchi & NagataSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-33
, metE46Strain Comments:
- thyA707-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- serU126(ts,AS) was formerly called supD126
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Horiuchi, T, T Nagata 1973. Mutations affecting growth of the Escherichia coli cell under a condition of DNA polymerase I-deficiency. Mol. Gen. Genet. 123(1):89-110.