MI248      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: brnS-??-7
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Guardiola, J., M. DeFelice, T. Klopotowski, M. Iaccarino 1974. Mutations affecting the different transport systems for isoleucine, leucine, and valine in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 117:393-405