EWH321      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Hafner, EW, CW Tabor, H Tabor 1979. Mutants of Escherichia coli that do not contain 1,4-diaminobutane (putrescine) or spermidine. J. Biol. Chem. 254(24):12419-26.