EWH331      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
132(ColV.) Map Position:
69.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hafner, EW, CW Tabor, H Tabor 1979. Mutants of Escherichia coli that do not contain 1,4-diaminobutane (putrescine) or spermidine. J. Biol. Chem. 254(24):12419-26.