AB2487      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoB11Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA13-- Amino acid substitution Leu 51 Phe
- thyA16-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Willetts, N.S., A.J. Clark, B. Low 1969. Genetic location of certain mutations conferring recombination deficiency in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 97:244-249
- Theall, G, KB Low, D Soll 1977. Suppression of a defective alanyl-tRNA synthetase in Escherichia coli: a compensatory mutation to high alanine affinity. Mol. Gen. Genet. 156(2):221-7.