AB2474      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- This strain grows slowly.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- lexA1(Ind-)-- Non-cleavable LexA repressor protein; defective in SOS induction, UV sensitive
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Ind- = non-inducible
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Howard-Flanders, P., R.P. Boyce, L. Theriot 1966. Three loci in Escherichia coli K-12 that control the excision of pyrimidine dimers and certain other mutagen products from DNA. Genetics 53:1119-1136
- Howard-Flanders, P. 1968. Genes that control DNA repair and genetic recombination in Escherichia coli. Adv.Biol.Med.Physics 12:299-317