Lin 154      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2 or fhuA22
, lacY1 or lacZ4 or lac-20
(L?) or rpsL17
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Note to ref: (Describes crosses between strains Lin 61 and AB1450 which gave rise to Lin 154 and other strains.)
- glpK1-- : a stable, CRM+ allele. Grows on glycerol-P, not glycerol; induction by G-3-P, not glycerol
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Cozzarelli, NR, EC Lin 1966. Chromosomal location of the structural gene for glycerol kinase in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 91(5):1763-6.