K1342      Source of Strain:
Russel & ModelSex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- There has been a report that this strain has a wildtype lacI gene.
- ΔlacZ58(M15)-- is a deletion of a small part (the alpha region) of the lacZ gene; allows `alpha complementation'.
- mhpC281::Tn10-- cotransduces 80% with lac.
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- ΔlacZ58(M15) was formerly called lacZ(M15)
- ΔlacZ58(M15) was formerly called deletion M15
- mhpC281::Tn10 was formerly called zah281::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- M15 = alpha-complemented allele
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Russel, M. 2001. Pers.Commun. a:1