AB1886      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Howard-Flanders, P., E. Simson, L. Theriot 1964. A locus that controls filament formation and sensitivity to radiation in Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 49:237-246
- Howard-Flanders, P., R.P. Boyce, L. Theriot 1966. Three loci in Escherichia coli K-12 that control the excision of pyrimidine dimers and certain other mutagen products from DNA. Genetics 53:1119-1136
- Howard-Flanders, P. 1968. Genes that control DNA repair and genetic recombination in Escherichia coli. Adv.Biol.Med.Physics 12:299-317
- Sancar, A, CS Rupert 1978. Determination of plasmid molecular weights from ultraviolet sensitivities. Nature 272(5652):471-2.
- Sancar, A., C.S. Rupert 1978. Correction of the map location for the phr gene in Escherichia coli K12 Mutat. Res. 51(1):139-143.