BW14329      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, Mu+Strain Comments:
- The location of the Mu-1 lysogen in this strain is not known
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- Mu+-- : Integration of phage Mu in undefined region.
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- Tn5-1/132 = See Metcalf,Wanner JB 173:590
- Jiang, W., W.W. Metcalf, K.S. Lee, B.L. Wanner 1995. Molecular Cloning, Mapping, and Regulation of Pho Regulon Genes for Phosphonate Breakdown by the Phosphonatase Pathway of Salmonella typhimurium LT2. J.Bacteriol. 177:6411-6421