AB1621      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- For a discussion of the membrane defect(s) in this strain, see: Schnaitman 1974 J. Bacteriol 118:454.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Adelberg, E.A., M. Mandel, G.C.C. Chen 1965. Optimal conditions for mutagenesis by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in Escherichia coli K12. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 18:788-795