AB1623      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- For discussion of membrane defect in parent strain AB1621 see: Schnaitman 1974 J. Bacteriol 118:454.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Ashworth, J.M., H.L. Kornberg, D.L. Nothmann 1965. Location of the structural gene for citrate synthase on the chromosome of Escherichia coli K12. J.Mol.Biol. 11:654-657