KL253      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain has been tested for suppressors and none were found.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.