KL251      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain carries malA38 and an uncharacterized mutation near his which confers a Mal+ phenotype.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.