KL163      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoB13Strain Comments:
- Nalidixic acid resistance is lower in a recA- background.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA25-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.