CR34/399      Source of Strain:
F. BonhoefferOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- rpoD800(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- dnaG399(ts) was formerly called tsm-6
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Marinus, MG, EA Adelberg 1970. Vegetative Replication and Transfer Replication of Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Temperature-Sensitive Mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. 104(3):1266-1272.
- Gross, J. 1972. Curr.Topics Microbiol.Immunol. 57:39-0
- Liebke, H., C.A. Gross, W. Walter, R.R. Burgess 1980. A new mutation rpoD800, affecting the sigma subunit of E. coli RNA polymerase is allelic to two other sigma mutants. Mol.Gen.Genet. 177:277-282