Source of Strain:
Cuzin & JacobSex:
F' Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- gpt-lac5 has been called DE proB-lacX111.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Beckwith, J.R., E.R. Signer 1966. Transposition of the lac region of Escherichia coli. I. Inversion of the lac operon and transduction of lac by phi 80. J.Mol.Biol. 19:254-265
- Cuzin, F., F. Jacob 1967. Ann.Inst.Pasteur 112:397-0