AB4117      Source of Strain:
F8 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, xyl-7 or xylA5
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- alaS5 is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Theall, G, KB Low, D Soll 1977. Suppression of a defective alanyl-tRNA synthetase in Escherichia coli: a compensatory mutation to high alanine affinity. Mol. Gen. Genet. 156(2):221-7.