AB4141      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, xyl-7 or xylA5
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- valS7(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Growth stops at 35 degrees C.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Baer, M.F., K.B. Low, D. Soll 1979. Regulation of the biosynthesis of aminoacyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetases and of transfer-ribonucleic acid in Escherichia coli. V. Mutants with increased levels of valyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase.