K10      Source of Strain: Sex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- (K10 is a spontaneous metB+ derivative of strain CS101.)
- The robA1 mutation has also been found in K10 and its descendants.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Skaar, P.D., A. Garen 1956. The orientation and extent of gene transfer in Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 42:619-624
- Koch, J.P., H. Hayashi, E.C.C. Lin 1964. The control of dissimilation of glycerol and L-alpha-glycerophosphate in Escherichi coli. J.Biol.Chem. 239:3106-3108
- Bachmann, BJ 1972. Pedigrees of some mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Bacteriol.Rev. 36(4):525-57.
- Willsky, G.R., R.L. Bennett, M. Malamy 1973. Inorganic phosphate transport in Escherichia coli: involvement of two genes which play a role in alkaline phosphatase regulation. J.Bacteriol. 113:529-539