Hfr Broda 7      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
43 Map Position:
31.58 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, λRStrain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Broda, P. 1967. The formation of Hfr strains in Escherichia coli K12. Genet.Res. 9:35-47
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167
- Sparling, P.F., E. Blackman 1973. Mutation to erythromycin dependence in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 116:74-83