CT28-3b      Source of Strain:
Schubach et al.Other Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
- This strain should be grown at 25C.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- thyA705-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- dnaC28(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Schubach, WH, JD Whitmer, CI Davern 1973. Genetic control of DNA initiation in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 74(2):205-21.